A seemingly worried and loyal whale and a moving gesture by Ohio State's football team make this week's list:
- Whale Stays by Trapped Buddy: Shortly into a whale-watching trip off the coast of Nova Scotia, tour guides learned of a whale tangled up in a fishing line. When rescuers arrived, they saw that another whale had showed up. He watched the entire rescue unfold—and was that a leap of celebration at the end?
- Football Team Showers Grieving Anchor With Hugs: After a longtime sports anchor at a Columbus TV station lost his 21-year-old daughter in a car crash, the Ohio State Buckeyes did what they could to comfort him. After beating Wisconsin, player after player on the OSU team stopped while leaving the field to give Dom Tiberi a hug.
- Guy Uses Girlfriend's Pinterest Page to Pull Off Wedding: Turns out Pinterest is good for something other than bookmarking recipes and crafts you're never really going to make: One resourceful boyfriend stealthily used his girlfriend's "Dream Wedding" pin board to actually create her dream wedding. As a surprise.
- Deliveryman Carries Teen From Burning Vehicle: A car crash that claimed the lives of five young adults in California last weekend might have claimed a sixth if not for an alert deliveryman. He heard the teen's calls for help and carried her to safety in the nick of time.
- Co-Host Beats Cancer, Returns After 17 Months: For the first time in 17 months, Robin Quivers was back in the studio with Howard Stern this week. Stern welcomed his co-host, who recently beat uterine cancer, with musical fanfare, much emotion, and, of course, some PG-13 humor.
Click for more uplifting news