Cory Monteith's Death: New Details Revealed
Champagne bottles, hypodermic needle found in room: coroner's report
By Newsy, a Newser Video Partner
Posted Oct 3, 2013 9:21 AM CDT

(Newser) – The official coroner’s report on Glee star Cory Monteith has confirmed his cause of death, and provided new details into the night he died. Monteith was discovered dead in a Vancouver hotel room in July, and the official cause has been ruled as "mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol." That’s according to a new report, which also says two empty champagne bottles and a "spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle" were found in the room.