FBI Report Contradicts Benghazi 'Witness' Dylan Davies told Bureau he never made it to consulate By Kevin Spak, Newser Staff Posted Nov 8, 2013 7:49 AM CST 26 comments Comments In this Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012 file photo, a Libyan man investigates the inside of the U.S. Consulate after an attack that killed four Americans. (AP Photo/Mohammad Hannon, File) (Newser) – CBS' 60 Minutes today backpedaled away from an attention-grabbing report on the Benghazi consulate attack that it aired two weeks ago, saying it had "learned of new information that undercuts the account" of its key source, a security officer who was protecting the US mission when it was attacked. Dylan Davies, using the pseudonym Morgan Jones, criticized the compound's defenses, amidst an action-packed account in which he raced to the consulate, climbed a 12-foot-wall, and knocked an extremist out with the butt of his gun. He's put out a book with the same story, published by Simon and Schuster—which is owned by CBS. But when the FBI interviewed him, Davies said he'd sat out the attack, instead remaining at the villa where he lived, the New York Times revealed last night. That interview is "completely consistent" with the incident report Davies filed with Blue Mountain, the security contractor he worked for. That incident report was leaked to the Washington Post last week, but Davies called it a lie put out by the "big people" he was upsetting, and CBS stood by him. Now, though, the network appears to have taken down the video, and says it may yank the book as well.