Perhaps there's no sadder commentary on the state of society—or at least society's IQ—than dumb responses from contestants on game shows. Reuters combs a (now-defunct) website for high and low points:
- Q: What was Gandhi's first name? A: Goosey Goosey.
- Q: What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963? A: I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.
- Q: Which American actor is married to Nicole Kidman? A: Forrest Gump.
- Q: How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last? A: 14 days.
- Q: What is the currency in India? A: Ramadan.
- Q: Johnny Weissmuller died on this day. Which jungle-swinging character clad only in a loincloth did he portray? A: Jesus.