It may be a new year, but it's certainly not one void of crazy crimes, from a burglar who was after brains to a Breaking Bad superfan whose life imitated the hit TV show just a little too closely:
- 'Dead' Man Caught After 18 Months on the Run: Things that happened to banker Aubrey Lee Price in 2012: The FBI started looking for him, and he apparently convinced his family (and a judge) that he had offed himself. The convoluted case took a big turn on Tuesday, though, when his Dodge Ram was stopped in Brunswick, Georgia ... due to the heavy tint on its windows.
- Ill-Advised Plan: Kidnap Girlfriend, Try to Marry Her: A Washington man apparently looking for a lifetime of wedded bliss could end up with five years in prison instead. Thomas Martin Pfeiffer, 22, is alleged to have kidnapped his girlfriend in order to marry her—after a planned 1,000-mile drive.
- Arizona Dad Charged With Ax-Murdering 13-Year-Old Son: A Phoenix man is behind bars after police charged him with killing his 13-year-old son with an ax on Tuesday. Police say Gary Sherrill told them he thought the boy was going to eat him.
- Guy Who Won Breaking Bad Contest Busted for Drugs: A 28-year-old Florida man won a trip to Hollywood in September to watch the Breaking Bad finale with the stars of the show about a meth kingpin ... and, months later, he was busted for possessing "synthetic narcotics."
- Cops: Burglar Sold Stolen Brains on eBay: Lots of brains were stolen in Indianapolis, but no zombies were involved: Police say a 21-year-old man broke into the city's Medical History Museum multiple times to steal the preserved brains of mental patients, which he then had unusual plans for.
Click for more crazy crimes
, including a dumb chain of New Year's Eve DUIs.