Miley Cyrus was interviewed by another boldface name, Ronan Farrow, for W magazine. Our favorite parts:
- "I don't love kids," Cyrus tells Farrow at one point while, as he puts it, "ashing a cigarette" in her living room. "They’re so f---ing mean. Sometimes I hear kids with their parents, and I want to go over and, like, smack them myself. Like if they meet me, they’ll be like, 'Mom, don’t you know how to use an iPhone? Like, can you take the picture?' I’m like, 'Dude, if I ever talked to my mom like that when I was a kid, I would have had no phone, no computer, no TV, no anything.'"
- "I love weed. I just love getting stoned," she says. But she won't weigh in on marijuana legalization.
- During her childhood on a Tennessee farm, "We never were inside, and we never wore shoes," she says. "I think it’s why I like wearing no clothes so much and I’m always naked."
- More on her image: "I just don’t get what half the girls are wearing. Everyone to me seems like Vanna White. I’m trying to tell girls, like, 'F--- that.' You don’t have to wear makeup. You don’t have to have long blonde hair and big titties. That’s not what it’s about. It’s, like, personal style.' I like that I’m associated with sexuality and the kind of punk-rock s--- where we just don’t care. Like Madonna or Blondie or Joan Jett."
- She also compares herself to Blanche from A Streetcar Named Desire. "I’m Blanche to a T, complete psycho. Every time I watched her [in the 1951 film], I was always like, 'That’s me!'"
- And as for her critics, "I don’t give a s---," she says. "I’m not Disney, where they have, like, an Asian girl, a black girl, and a white girl, to be politically correct, and, like, everyone has bright-colored T-shirts. You know, it’s like, I’m not making any kind of statement. Anyone that hates on you is always below you, because they’re just jealous of what you have."
- A few random thoughts: She's "not so sure" aliens don't exist. She thinks water is "like, a really important thing" and is interested in working toward water purification. Or perhaps helping the environment in general, because she's "so scared the sky's not going to be blue anymore" someday.
- Oh, and as for one reason she's not currently dating? "Guys watch too much porn. Those girls don’t exist. They’re not real girls. And that’s like us watching romance movies. That’s girl porn, because, like, those guys do not exist."
Click for the complete interview