Judge Won't OK 3rd Warrant in Holloway Case
Undercover confession video isn't enough; prosecutors will appeal
By Nick McMaster,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 4, 2008 4:47 PM CST
Aruban Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos, center, speaks to members of the media during a news conference, in Orangestaad, Aruba, Monday, Feb. 4, 2008. One day ealier, Dutch TV broadcast hidden camera footage...   (Associated Press)
camera-icon View 3 more images

(Newser) – Dutch police searched the home of Joran van der Sloot today, a day after Dutch TV broadcast his video confession that he dumped Natalee Holloway's body, but a judge in Aruba denied police a new arrest warrant, ABC News reports. The judge "put the threshold very, very high because, he said, this is the third time you have asked me for a rearrest,'' said chief prosecutor Hans Moss.

Van der Sloot said last week that he lied in the videotaped confession. Nonetheless, Mos said he believes the tape, made by a Dutch journalist, would be admissible in court as evidence. Other Aruban attorneys were skeptical: "If a policeman was involved, without the proper instruction from a judge, it would not be legally acceptable," said one.