Sloppy police work and a wayward rocker make this week's list:
- Teen Wrongly Jailed Over Name Confusion: A Florida teenager spent 35 days in jail on sex-assault charges because it apparently never occurred to his arresting officers that two people might have the same name. Cody Lee Williams, now 19, was arrested last August after a young girl told police that a "Cody Williams" had sex with her in 2012. But there was another Cody Williams.
- Christian Rocker: Yes, I Hired a Hitman to Kill My Wife: A Christian heavy metal rocker pleaded guilty to hiring a hit man to murder his estranged wife. Prosecutors say Tim Lambesis, lead singer of Grammy-nominated California band As I Lay Dying, asked a personal trainer at his gym to arrange it.
- Owner of Citizen Kane Castle Shot in Head: Long Island police have a high-profile shooting on their hands: Developer Gary Melius was shot in the head Monday as he got into his Mercedes near the castle he calls home. Yes, castle. In fact, if you've seen Citizen Kane, you've seen the exteriors of Oheka Castle.
- Google Glass Wearer Claims 'Hate Crime' in Bar Incident: Maybe the most unusual Google Glass incident yet: A woman in San Francisco says she got attacked for wearing Glass inside a bar. She says it was yanked from her face in what she calls a "hate crime." Others say she annoyed people by recording video in the bar.
- Man's Own Home Alarm Foils Him: It's generally a fine idea to set up a secure alarm system at your house that alerts police at the first sign of trouble. Unless, of course, you happen to be growing marijuana illegally inside. Just ask this Michigan guy.
Click for more crazy crimes