When was the last time you literally rewound a tape? Think back to the VHS era, though perhaps you used the term when referring to YouTube today. At Mashable, Yohana Desta lists eight other terms that have outlasted technology:
- Our phones haven't had rotary dials for decades—yet we keeping "dialing" numbers.
- After "dialing," we "hang up." Even though in the modern era, we're really hitting a button.
- CC'ing someone means sending them a "carbon copy," but when was the last time you saw carbon paper?
- Speaking of YouTube: We know the TV as the tube, even though today's flatscreens are a far cry from the cathode-ray tubes that earned them the nickname.
- We might "roll up" the car window—but unless you're driving a classic, you're pressing a button instead of turning a crank.
Click for the full list