No, apparently we have not yet exhausted the supply of sad stories about Julia Roberts' broken relationship with half-sister Nancy Motes, who committed suicide last month. Text messages supposedly between Roberts and Motes were revealed in a preview for an upcoming documentary about Motes, and though Roberts' lawyers got the video clip taken down, Radar got a peek. The site notes that the authenticity of the text messages has not yet been confirmed, but here they are:
- Roberts: "If you plan on seeing Mom in the next 2 weeks you should go in the next hour. Thanks," texted Roberts in November 2013, while their mother was presumably in the hospital fighting breast cancer.
- Motes: "We're heading to see her now. Thanks."
- Roberts: "Please be gone by 3:30."
- Roberts, a week later: "We will text you when Mom’s surgery is scheduled."
- Motes: "Mom asked me to come to the hospital. I’m coming."
- Roberts: "She is asleep. She has to get an x ray and isn’t even admitted to the hospital yet. She is only allowed 1 person with her."