A not-so-appropriately dressed DUI suspect and a mom who maybe isn't the greatest role model make the list:
- Christopher Reeves Arrested in Superman Shirt: One surefire way to have your otherwise nondescript arrest on drug charges make headlines is to have the name Christopher Reeves and get caught while wearing a Superman shirt. The weirdness stuck out to police in Davis County, Utah, too.
- Police Find Mom Hiding in Bedroom at Teen Party: Not that unusual: Cops show up to bust a teen party involving booze, and find someone hiding in a bedroom. Unusual: That person is the home's 56-year-old owner, and mother to the 18-year-old who threw the bash. It happened in the wee hours of Tuesday morning in Florida.
- Cops: Man Freed After 15 Years Robs Same Store: Christopher Miller robbed the Stride Rite shoe store in Toms River, NJ, in 1999, got caught, and served 15 years in state prison. Police say he became a free man last Friday and celebrated by catching a bus to Toms River and, yes, robbing the same Stride Rite shoe store. This attempt didn't go so well, either.
- Teen Gets $31K in Bank Error, Goes Shopping: This one technically isn't a crime yet, but the clock is ticking. After a bank mistakenly deposited $31,000 in an 18-year-old's account, he immediately spent $5,000 with his ATM card and withdrew another $20,000 in cash. Problem: Now the bank wants its money back, or it's going to press charges.
- Cops: Guy Burned Down House to Impress Woman: Well, this is one way to try and score a date: Police say a North Dakota man burned down a farmhouse ... to impress a lady. It was a very strange chain of events that ultimately led to this discovery, which got Fredrick Bohjanen Jr. charged with arson.
Click for more crazy crime