When a homeowner is desperate to sell and a buyer is ready to fork over the cash, the truth about a house is often swept under the rug, MSNBC reports. Watch out for frequent fibs when talking about:
- Personality of neighbors and the neighborhood.
- Status of home repairs (particularly the roof).
- Insect and rodent infestations.
- Elevated radon levels.
- Legal trouble, like unpaid taxes, liens, and outstanding judgements.
- Excessive airplane noise overhead.
- Trouble with the building department due to un-permitted renovations and additions.
- Water damage and frequent basement flooding.
- Quality of local schools and institutions.
- Possibility of future disruptive construction in the area.