Remember the Saudi Arabian student who was briefly questioned and quickly cleared in the Boston Marathon bombing? Well, Glenn Beck was really convinced that 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi was behind the attacks, railing against Alharbi on multiple episodes of his show even after he'd been cleared; now Alharbi is suing Beck for defamation. Beck said, among other things:
- "We know who this Saudi national is," Beck said, threatening to "expose" Alharbi if the US government didn't. "We know who this man is and, listen to me carefully, we know he is a very bad, bad, bad man."
- "While the media continues to look at what the causes were [behind] these two guys [the Tsarnaev brothers], there are, at this hour, three people involved," Beck said, adding that Alharbi had been "tagged" by the government as a "proven terrorist."
- "You know who the Saudi is? He’s the money man. He’s the guy who paid for it," Beck said, also claiming Alharbi was an al-Qaeda "control agent."
Beck has not responded to the suit, the Washington Post
reports, and has been uncharacteristically quiet on Twitter since it was filed Friday. Alharbi is also suing the Blaze, Beck's network, Boston