Squirrel Causes $300K in Damage

Indiana community center hasn't even opened yet

By Newser Editors and Wire Services

Posted Apr 12, 2014 3:45 PM CDT

(Newser) – Officials say a wayward squirrel caused about $300,000 in damage to an eastern Indiana community center set to open in June. Fort Wayne Parks Department officials say the squirrel got into the electrical equipment of the building in McMillen Park last week, causing a power surge that damaged the heating and air-conditioning systems and parts of the boiler system. Crews are working to make repairs so the center can open as planned on June 7, reports the Journal Gazette. Sadly, the squirrel did not survive to see the big day.

  (Shutterstock)
« Prev« Prev | Next »Next » Slideshow
My TakeCLICK BELOW TO VOTE
56%
4%
18%
6%
4%
12%
To report an error on this story, notify our editors.

NEWS FROM OUR PARTNERS
Other Sites We Like:   The Street   |   HitFix   |   PopSugar Tech   |   RealClear   |   24/7 Wall St.   |   CollegeHumor   |   Barstool Sports   |   OK!