Despite the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin announced that they were “consciously uncoupling” back in March (and the rumors that Chris has been romancing Alexa Chung in the meantime), the two were recently seen enjoying a day at the beach together with their kids, Radar reports. The soon-to-be exes aren’t the only couples in Hollywood who’ve managed to stay friendly after their splits. Here are five more:
- Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie: The parents of 2-year-old son Luca separated in January, so it was a surprise to see them hanging out at Coachella together just a few months later. Hilary recently explained the couple’s relationship, saying: “You know, we love each other so much and we really love spending time together. So when you see us out it's not just for Luca—it's because we make plans and we hang out. We don't know what our future looks like right now, but we're both doing really good and just figuring out, you know, what makes us happy."
- Demi Moore and Bruce Willis: Who can forget this photo of Demi and Bruce, who divorced in 1998 after a 10-year-marriage, walking the red carpet with Demi’s then-husband Ashton Kutcher at the Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle premiere? The exes are so famously friendly, they're even reportedly neighbors and own apartments in the same building in New York.
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette: “When you love someone, you want them to be happy, even if it’s not with you,” Cox recently said of her post-divorce relationship with Arquette, with whom she parted ways after 11 years of marriage. Apparently, there’s no animosity on his side, either. "I still obviously feel so blessed that I met her and that we have a child together and that she's in my life. She's still one of my closest, greatest friends,” David said in a 2013 interview.
- Fran Drescher and Peter Jacobson: You know you're truly over your breakup when you and your ex can work on a TV show together about it entitled Happily Divorced. This is exactly what happened to Drescher and her TV producer ex-husband. The two remain the best of friends, if this recent Instagram photo is any indication.
- Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz: “We were very young,” Kravitz said last year of his six-year marriage to the Cosby Show actress. However, since their divorce in 1993, the couple has remained "best friends," and they even spend time together with their daughter and respective other halves. "When we're all together now—her man, her kids, Zoë, me—we're all together and we're one big, happy family. It's beautiful and it just shows you what can be done,” he told Oprah.
Click here to read about 7 more celeb couples who managed to stay friends after splitting up