It's a controversial decision to make for your child, and a lot of parents feel strongly about it—one way or another. No, it's not vaccines, it's circumcision—and The Stir rounds up 10 celebrities who are against it. A sampling:
- Alicia Silverstone: In her new book (which has all sorts of... interesting advice), she explains, "If little boys were supposed to have their penises 'fixed,' did that mean we were saying that God made the body imperfect? He made all this incredible stuff, and then he just happened to make the penis wrong?"
- Howard Stern: He once said circumcision is based on a bunch of "myths" and "nonsense," adding, "If you’re born that way, it seems to me it’s a mutilation to cut it off."
Click for the complete list
- Russell Brand: "We don't do it in England," he once explained. "It's just more like, people don't worry about it. They just, they just let it go, that sort of thing. ... It's a bit unfair, isn't it, to do that to babies?"
- Ben Affleck: He told Jon Stewart in 2006, "I hate circumcisions! Get enough in me, and I'll tell you how much I hate them!" He has a (presumably uncircumcised) son.
- Roseanne Barr: She once tweeted that the practice "is a barbaric & backward cult mind control technique that produces ill effects in adults."
, especially if you want to know which British royals are said to be uncircumcised...