For people of a certain age, movies like 10 Things I Hate About You and Cruel Intentions were the brat pack movies of the '90s. But many of the young stars of that era never saw their career progress into adulthood. College Candy lists eight of them. A sampling:
- Mena Suvari: She starred in both indie and mainstream movies, particularly making waves in American Beauty and American Pie. But sometime in the 2000s, we stopped hearing much from her.
- Devon Sawa: He never quite became the tween heartthrob Casper was supposed to turn him into, and we didn't see much of him after Final Destination.
- Andrew Keegan: That hair! He was another ever-so-brief teen heartthrob, starring in Camp Nowhere and 10 Things I Hate About You, among others. But his last film, in 2011, went straight to DVD.
- Shannon Elizabeth: Another American Pie star everyone expected to be big, her face was everywhere in the 2000s—but not so much anymore, although she did compete on Dancing With the Stars in 2008.
- Rachael Leigh Cook: She had starring roles in She's All That and Josie and the Pussycats, but she never became the "it" girl we all expected—even when she turned to indie movies.
Click for the complete list