Elliot Rodger stabbed three men to death in his apartment before going on a shooting rampage that devastated Isla Vista, Calif. Those murders appear in line with a 141-page manifesto, reports the LA Times, in which he wrote, "On the day before the Day of Retribution, I will start the First Phase of my vengeance: Silently killing as many people as I can around Isla Vista by luring them into my apartment through some form of trickery." It's part of a clearer and disturbing picture that's beginning to emerge about Rodger. The latest:
- Rodger wrote that he was "still a virgin, never even kissed a girl." And for that, women appear to have been the target of his wrath: "I will attack the very girls who represent everything I hate in the female gender: The hottest sorority of UCSB," he wrote. "All you girls who rejected me, looked down upon me, you know, treated me like scum while you gave yourselves to other men. And all of you men for living a better life than me, all of you sexually active men. I hate you. I hate all of you. I can't wait to give you exactly what you deserve, annihilation."
Click for more
- Rodger had more than 400 rounds of ammunition on him.
- He also had a run-in with police on April 30, after a relative requested that police perform a welfare check on him, reports the Santa Barbara Independent. Fox reports that Rodger thought that incident was the end. "If they had demanded to search my room ... That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over."
- Sheriff Bill Brown is defending the police in that call, saying, "We’re still investigating this incident and exactly what happened in the interaction. But you need to understand that this is a fairly routine type of call."
- The Washington Post runs through a timeline of the killings, with the first shots ringing out at 9:27pm.
- Meanwhile, Bowling for Columbine director Michael Moore sort of weighed in on the shootings, saying via Facebook that, "I no longer have anything to say about what is now part of normal American life. Everything I have to say about this, I said it 12 years ago."
; or here for one victim's dad
who blames "craven politicians" and the NRA for his son's death.