Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got married Saturday in an Italian fortress—and if you were too busy enjoying a three-day weekend to pay much attention, here are the details you missed:
- E! estimates that the extravagant event cost at least $2.8 million—including the fees to have Andrea Bocelli (at the ceremony) and Lana Del Rey (at the rehearsal dinner) perform, food and beverages for 200 guests at the reception plus other meals (the reception was catered by a three-Michelin-star restaurateur), the $400,000 Forte di Belvedere rental fee, private jets to get guests to and from Paris and Florence, lodging, and the expensive jewelry Kim and her family wore.
- Us has a rundown of the wedding and pre-wedding festivities: Kim and baby North met up with Kanye in Paris on May 18, and they spent the week shopping and going out with Kim's family members, who were also in town early. Kim went out on the town in a party van for her bachelorette party on Thursday, the couple threw a pre-wedding brunch and rehearsal dinner (complete with fireworks) Friday, and guests jetted to Florence Saturday for the big event. Guests left for home Sunday, as Kim and Kanye departed for a secret honeymoon somewhere in Europe (reports are claiming Ireland). Baby North went home with Grandma Kris.
- But not all the guests actually attended the ceremony and reception: Rob Kardashian actually flew home Saturday morning, and TMZ says it's because he's embarrassed about his recent weight gain and didn't want to appear in photographs, and his family was insisting. As for Jay Z and Beyonce, they ended up spending the weekend in the Hamptons instead of attending the wedding.
- Friday's rehearsal dinner at the Palace of Versailles sounds almost as fancy as the wedding itself—E! reports that guests were brought there by horses and driven around on horse and carriage rides by guides in 18th-century costumes, all as a full orchestra played.
- Kim wore a long-sleeved, lacy Givenchy Haute Couture gown with a floor-length veil, designed for her by close friend Riccardo Tisci, at the ceremony, People reports (and North wore a matching dress). She changed into an embellished Balmain ivory dress for the reception, and Kanye announced it to the guests: "Kim just changed dresses. I just had to stop things for my girl, Kim. Changed dresses ... uh oh!"
- Kim and Kanye's first dance? Us reports it was a mashup of Etta James' "At Last" and Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine" and "Tenderness." West also rapped at the reception, and at the rehearsal dinner, he gave a speech calling Kim more beautiful than he is talented. (He also gave not one but two speeches at the reception, and one of them lasted 20 minutes, E! reports.)
Click to read the New York Post
's not-very-nice wedding announcement for the happy couple