Some role models for how not to parent and a particularly brazen purse thief make the list:
- Kids' Parties Gone Wrong Lead to Parents' Arrests: Two police reports illustrate what results when adult supervision at kids' parties is a little shaky: drunk fifth-graders and a tattooed 12-year-old. And that, unfortunately, is no exaggeration.
- Reporter on Mugging Story Has Purse Stolen: The crime beat is getting a little too real for TV reporters in Oakland. A reporter was doing a live report about a mugging that occurred earlier in the day when her purse was stolen—in front of an unlikely location for such a theft.
- Cops: Man Tosses Football Filled With Drugs Into Prison: Michigan authorities say a man attempted to chuck a football filled with drugs and cellphones into the exercise yard of a state prison in Jackson. For a number of reasons, he will not be playing in the NFL anytime soon.
- Cops Find Meth Lab ... in Retirement Community: Ah, retirement, the golden years when you can relax, play some golf, and cook a little meth. At least, that's allegedly what it's been like for a 64-year-old in California, whose alleged scheme unraveled after a routine traffic stop.
- Family of 5 Arrested in Amusement Park Brawl: A sentence that begins "A Vermont family goes to an amusement park" can end in any number of wholesome ways, and now this not-so-wholesome one: Five members of this particular family are accused of brawling with police officers over a dispute involving knives.
Click to read about more crazy crimes