Listen up, arachnophobes: You do not fight spiders with fire. Or so goes the cautionary tale of 34-year-old Kansas woman Ginny Griffith, who has been charged with aggravated arson after she apparently tried to kill a spider—by using a cigarette lighter to set fire to some towels, reports the Hutchinson News. The fire department responded to the small fire at her duplex early Friday, and put it out within minutes. No one was injured and the building suffered only light smoke damage, notes the Hays Post, but officials were apparently unamused. Griffith was taken into custody and was being held in lieu of $7,500 bond.