Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow
Could be due to replacement battery, says dad
By Newsy, a Newser Video Partner
Posted Jul 28, 2014 6:01 PM CDT
Loading... Please wait

(Newser) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least. Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell. Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept.

View 1 image

Newsy is a Newser content partner providing multisource video news. Its content is produced independently of Newser.
Copyright © 2016 Newsy.com, All rights reserved.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow is...
20%
6%
4%
1%
56%
13%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 17 comments
Lou Bernardo
Jul 31, 2014 11:12 AM CDT
Babies in the near future will be born with an arm crooked near the ear with fingers in a cluthing position ready to have a phone put in the hand. The phone disease has become a serious mental disorder. She couldn't sleep without the phone near her head?????
disqus_FUeloKkphq
Jul 29, 2014 3:09 PM CDT
One bet.. Chinese counterfeit battery
espin
Jul 29, 2014 11:29 AM CDT
This wouldn't have happened if she were crying in her sleep. " Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart, caused by you ... ? ? "