Middle-class millionaires are carving out a luxe lifestyle to define their 16.5-million strong group, Forbes reports. And while the $1 million to $10 million stashed in the bank doesn’t make them all that rich, that doesn't put much of a dent in lavish spending habits:
- Mega-home improvements, to the tune of $150,000 yoga rooms.
- Haute couture jewelry, complete with 11-carat diamonds.
- Get-it-while-you-can luxe cars, like the $1.38 million Lamborghini Reventón.
- A $180,000 membership to access vacation homes around the world.
- Handbags that cost more than a car, like Rene Lautrec's $25,700 Aristocrat.
- Wine priced at $6,000 a pop, or a $150,000 membership in a private wine estate.
- A personal concierge to book plastic surgery and track down that Reventón.