Wealth can present its own obstacles to romantic success. Here are TheStreet.com's dating tips for landing a woman who doesn't just love the money:
- Lose your PDA/Blackberry/etc. Whatever it is, it's not that important. Focus on the person right in front of you.
- Do pick up the check—it's only right. She can get the next one.
- Don't pick up the waitress. For that matter, don't flirt with anyone.
- Don't spend more than $100 on a first date. No. 2 notwithstanding, avoid indulging in ostentatious spending sprees.
- Talk about your kids. If you've got them, she'd probably enjoy hearing about them.
- Don't talk about your ex. This should be a no-brainer, especially when things are going well.
- Let go of the wife. If you go ringless but are in a protracted divorce, get it over with.
- Enjoy what you spend money on. Don't just buy things because you can.
- Indulge her with free things. Wildflowers can sometimes make a stronger impression than a dozen roses.
- Show restraint: It's always better to leave her wanting more.