Man's Wedding Ring Gets Him Killed
Jason Ferguson of Florida was installing dishwasher when he was electrocuted
By Shelley Hazen,  Newser User
Posted Nov 11, 2014 8:12 AM CST
A Florida man was electrocuted when his wedding ring hit a wire on a dishwasher.   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – A good deed for his in-laws has ended in tragedy for a south Florida man. Jason Ferguson, 33, was installing a new dishwasher at his brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house Thursday when he was electrocuted, the Orlando Sentinel reports. Family members, who were sitting down to eat around 7pm, found him on his knees and leaning against the dishwasher's metal door. Ferguson was "turning red" and unresponsive, but his left hand was still behind the dishwasher, WKMG reports.

Ferguson's family laid him on the ground to begin CPR, then called police, reports My Fox Orlando. Police and then EMTs took over, before he was taken to the hospital, adds WESH, but he was pronounced dead upon arrival. A sobering detail: Ferguson's wedding ring apparently touched something behind or in the dishwasher, causing the electrocution, police tell the Sentinel. Ferguson's family believe it was a copper wire, WKMG adds. (Other freak accidents lately include this construction worker, and this bowling alley employee.)