Shopper Opens Lowe's Cabinet, Is Bitten by Snake
Fortunately, it wasn't a venomous species
By Matt Cantor,  Newser User
Posted Jan 20, 2015 12:23 PM CST
A snake somehow made its way into a cabinet at Lowe's.   (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer, file)

(Newser) – A shopper opening a cabinet at a Lowe's store got an unpleasant surprise: a bite on the head by a snake, WTVA reports. The snake jumped out of the cabinet at the store in Corinth, Miss., the local police chief says. The customer's condition isn't clear, but the good news is that chicken snakes aren't venomous, reports the Clarion-Ledger.

A rep for Lowe's didn't have much to say: "All I can share is that we're currently investigating the incident," she tells the paper. Chicken snakes are also known as black rat snakes, among other names, and they can be up to 5 feet long, the Clarion-Ledger notes. They have the creepy ability to slither up wooden walls. (If a snake at a home improvement store isn't scary enough, try a boa constrictor in your toilet.)
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
18%
7%
2%
4%
62%
7%