Duggars' 19 Kids and ... Canceling, Says TLC
Network will air documentary on child sex abuse with Duggar victims
By Arden Dier,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 16, 2015 10:11 AM CDT
In this Aug. 29, 2014 file photo, Josh Duggar, executive director of FRC Action, speaks in favor the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act at the Arkansas state Capitol in Little Rock, Ark.   (AP Photo/Danny Johnston, File)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – Another year, another controversial TLC show gets the boot. After pulling episodes of 19 Kids and Counting, TLC confirms it has canceled its most-watched show after claims that cast member Josh Duggar molested four of his sisters and a babysitter as a teen. 19 Kids "will no longer appear on the air" after 10 seasons, the network tells the AP, calling the move "the best way forward." TLC says it will kick off a campaign to raise awareness about child sex abuse, to begin with a commercial-free documentary featuring Duggar sisters Jill Dillard and Jessa Seewald in August. "They're interested in putting the focus on this issue, too," a TLC rep says of the Duggar family.

Seewald and Dillard came forward as victims last month in an interview with Fox News. Josh Duggar hasn't admitted to the molestation claims but vaguely apologized back in May for acting "inexcusably"; he has never been charged. "We are so thankful for our film crew that has shown up at our house for over a decade," the Duggar family says in a statement, per the Washington Post. "They have become like family to us. They have invested their time and energy into our lives and have been so loving and patient. We love and appreciate them so much!"
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
8%
2%
8%
71%
1%
9%