Hearing for Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Called Off Again
Judge cites 'unresolved issues' in case of 5 Gitmo inmates
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Aug 17, 2015 1:00 AM CDT
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is seen in detention at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.   (AP Photo/www.muslm.net)

(Newser) – After more than 12 years in American custody, the day of reckoning doesn't seem to be getting much closer for alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. The US military has called off an impending pretrial hearing for Mohammed and four alleged co-conspirators being held at Guantanamo Bay, reports Reuters. A military spokesman says the judge "cited issues that remain unresolved with regard to a claimed defense counsel conflict of interest," Voice of America reports. He did not elaborate, though Reuters reports that defense attorneys said last year that they were being spied on by the FBI. The pretrial hearing was previously canceled in December last year, and no date for a new one has been set. (Last year, Mohammed renounced the use of violence.)