Toddler in Critical Condition After Swallowing Tack

Preschool instructor found girl bleeding from the mouth and struggling to breathe
By Michael Harthorne,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 25, 2015 3:05 PM CST

(Newser) – A little girl who swallowed a thumbtack Monday at her Florida preschool remained hospitalized on Christmas, the AP reports. According to the Ocala Star-Banner, a preschool instructor was on the other side of the classroom when she heard a child say 3-year-old Honesty Eads "looks like a vampire." The instructor found Honesty on the ground, bleeding from the mouth and struggling to breathe. A teacher administered CPR, and Honesty was rushed to the hospital.

Before doctors could insert a breathing tube down Honesty's throat, they had to remove a yellow thumbtack, the Star-Banner reports. The girl is still in critical condition, and her cousin says she is being monitored by doctors while her family is "hoping and praying" for a full recovery. Both police and child services are investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |