San Bernardino Shooters Disappeared for 18 Minutes And the FBI wants to know where they went By Michael Harthorne, Newser Staff Posted Jan 5, 2016 4:18 PM CST 45 comments Comments The FBI wants to know where the San Bernardino shooters, Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook, were for 18 minutes following their deadly Dec. 2 attack. (FBI, left, and California Department of Motor Vehicles via AP, File) (Newser) – The FBI is trying to figure out what the San Bernardino shooters were doing during an 18-minute stretch after killing 14 people and wounding 22 others at a California holiday party on Dec. 2, the Press Enterprise reports. According to ABC News, the FBI has accounted for most of Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik's day between the shooting around 11am and their deaths at the hands of police around 3pm. But despite 500 or so interviews, investigators haven't been able to place either of the shooters between 12:59pm and 1:17pm, the Press Enterprise reports. Specifically, the FBI wants to know if Farook and Malik met anyone, dumped anything, or visited a business during those 18 minutes, according to the Los Angeles Times. Following the shooting, Malik and Farook drove—apparently at random—around the San Bernardino and Redlands areas, the Times reports. “A lot of zig-zagging around, going back and forth on the highway," FBI Assistant Director in Charge David Bowdich said during a press conference Tuesday. "There is no rhyme or reason to it that we can find yet." Those missing 18 minutes could contain a clue. According to the Press Enterprise, authorities have so far turned up no evidence that Farook and Malik had any help in planning or carrying out the attack. The missing 18 minutes could change that too. The investigation is still ongoing, ABC reports. "We will leave no stone unturned," Bowdich said.