Donald Trump isn't a man known for letting things go, but Fox News says it's time for him to get over his "sick obsession" with Megyn Kelly. The network issued an angry statement after Trump targeted the anchor yet again on Friday, urging his followers to boycott Kelly's show, the Hill reports. "She is sick, & the most overrated person on tv," tweeted Trump, who called Kelly "Crazy Megyn" after skipping a Fox debate she was supposed to moderate earlier in the week. A Fox spokesperson said Trump's "vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land."
Fox is very proud of Kelly, and will continue to "fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults," the statement continued. "As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it's especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job." CNN reports that the Trump campaign fired back on Friday night, claiming that the network had "begged Trump to do a prime time special" with Kelly. Fox denied that anybody associated with the network had asked Trump to appear on Kelly's upcoming special.