A church and daycare center in Seattle's University District were cleared out by the city's fire department, nearby streets were roped off, and hazmat teams descended on the area Friday after "cough-inducing fumes" were noted wafting out of the church's bathroom and someone called 911, MyNorthwest.com reports. "Please use caution in the area," a wary Seattle Fire Department tweet warned late Friday afternoon. Sure enough, responders soon found the "suspicious item"—a backpack, which held the smelly offender. Luckily, it was an item the fire department was able to deem "non-hazardous": a broken container of Axe body spray/deodorant, reports the New York Daily News.
Although the brand's "Axe Effect," which is supposed to ensure "guys look, smell and feel great," obviously failed, at least the fire department was able to issue a relieved tweet reporting "no injuries." RT.com notes that it's not the first time an Axe product has caused olfactory turmoil: In 2013, a teen in a Pennsylvania high school was sent to the hospital for a bad reaction to it, while eight students at a Brooklyn prep school were also rushed to get medical care for the same reason that same year. (A mom actually wore the stuff for a week as an experiment.)