It was only a matter of time. A 39-year-old man has come forward claiming to be Prince's "sole surviving heir" after the music superstar died last month, seemingly without a will, ABC News reports. According to WCCO, Carlin Williams of Kansas City is the first person to claim to be Prince's son. He says his mother met Prince in a Missouri hotel in 1976, drank wine with him, then had unprotected sex, TMZ reports. She says she didn't have sex with anyone else within six weeks of her tryst with the musician.
Williams, who is currently in prison in Colorado on a weapons conviction, filed paperwork requesting a DNA test to confirm his claim on Monday. On Friday, Bremer Trust received permission from a judge to have Prince's blood analyzed to settle any and all such claims. The company was temporarily put in charge of Prince's estate on the request of his sister. When Prince died April 21 at the age of 57, he had no known children, Us Weekly reports.