Family of Boy Killed by Gator: We're Not Suing Disney
Instead, they're focusing on 'future health of the family'
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 20, 2016 12:22 PM CDT
In this Friday, June, 17, 2016 photo released by Walt Disney World Resort, a new sign is seen posted on a beach outside a hotel at a Walt Disney World resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.   (Walt Disney World Resort via AP)

(Newser) – The parents of Lane Graves, the toddler killed by an alligator at Disney World last month, will not sue Disney, they announced in a statement released to People. "Melissa and I are broken," Matt Graves said of himself and his wife. "We will solely be focused on the future health of our family ... We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane."

The family added that they will "keep his spirit alive through the Lane Thomas Foundation," which, per its website, is accepting donations that will be contributed to "various charitable organizations." "It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts," the statement continues. A rep for the Orlando resort says Disney is providing "ongoing support for the family, which includes honoring their request for privacy." There's no official word, but TMZ thinks Disney is likely funding the family's foundation.
 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
2%
22%
20%
46%
0%
10%