Jeep Fire Blamed on Exploding Phone
'Not the barbecue I wanted on my day off'
By Arden Dier,  Newser Staff
Posted Sep 8, 2016 11:21 AM CDT
Let's just say it's not driveable.   (Facebook)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – One more reason to swap out your Note 7: Nathan Dornacher says his Jeep Grand Cherokee was totaled in a fire after he left his Samsung smartphone charging in the console, reports Fox 13. On Facebook, the St. Petersburg, Fla., resident says he opened the vehicle door to grab his phone on Labor Day and saw "flames." It was "not the barbecue I wanted on my day off." In a statement, Samsung says it is "aware of the incident and we are working with Mr. Dornacher to investigate his case and ensure we do everything we can for him." (Dornacher's case isn't unique.)