They can’t promise German sausage or bonneted barmaids, but North American beer festivals pour pint after pint of terrific local brews. Portfolio lists the best in fests, from now through October.
- Mondial de la Bière (May 28-June 1): Try beer, cider, mead, and cheese over 5 days in Montreal.
- Oregon Brewers Festival (July 24-27): Enjoy free-admission tastings of more than 70 local beers at this Portland event.
- Belgium Comes to Cooperstown (Aug. 1-3): Only 800 tickets are sold to this Belgian-centric festival under the stars in upstate New York's woodland.
- Great Taste of the Midwest (Aug. 9): With 600 beers and a lakeside setting in Madison, Wis., this is a hot ticket.
- World Beer Festival (Oct. 4): All About Beer magazine brings together craft brewers, importers, and cask-conditioned brews in Durham, NC.
Click the link below for the full list.