Police Know What Killed 6 Teens in Garden Shed
It was carbon monoxide poisoning: cops
By Arden Dier,  Newser Staff
Posted Feb 2, 2017 5:56 AM CST
Police officers and forensics walk towards the private premises where the bodies of six teenagers were found near Arnstein, Germany.   (Daniel Karmann/dpa via AP,file)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – Six teenagers found dead Sunday in Bavaria died from carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities have confirmed. The teens, all aged 18 or 19, had been using a gasoline-powered generator inside a garden shed where they were holding a small birthday party on Saturday. The AP reports the generator wasn't approved to be used indoors, and police are looking into who installed it.

The building owner awoke Sunday to find his son and daughter had not come home the previous evening and discovered their bodies and those of four other males inside the shed. "I have never seen anything like it," a fire brigade commander tells the AFP of the scene in Arnstein. Deutsche Welle reports the town of 8,000 is in shock.

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
4%
1%
78%
1%
14%
2%