Fayed Won't Fight Diana Verdict
Says he'll give conspiracy claims a rest for princes' sake
By Matt Cantor,  Newser User
Posted Apr 8, 2008 8:06 PM CDT
Mohamed al Fayed, the father of Dodi Fayed, leaves the High Court in London during the inquest of the death of Princess Diana, March 31, 2008.    (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)
camera-icon View 2 more images

(Newser) – Though he maintains “reservations,” Mohamed al Fayed won’t fight the verdict in the inquest into the death of his son and Princess Diana, the Daily Telegraph reports. “I’ve done everything for 10 years,” he said. “Enough is enough.” He said he accepts the inquest’s ruling “for the sake of the two princes” and was “leaving the rest for God to get my revenge.”

Fayed also cited his “great satisfaction” that the jury found the car crash that killed Diana and his son Dodi was “not an accident, it’s a murder.” Jurors blamed the paparazzi and Diana's chauffeur, who had been drinking, but they rejected Fayed’s claim of a royal conspiracy. A friend of Diana’s called Fayed’s post-crash behavior “almost unforgivable.” “Give your son some dignity in death, and give Diana hers,” she said.