Tomi Lahren has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against Glenn Beck and the Blaze, claiming her employers sought to "embarrass, humiliate, and undermine" her, Variety reports. The 24-year-old rising star of conservative commentary was suspended by the Blaze last month following an appearance on The View in which she voiced a pro-choice opinion. Lahren's lawsuit, filed Friday in Texas, claims she was then terminated by the Blaze and her nightly talk show permanently cancelled, according to CNN. The lawsuit accuses the Blaze of waging a "public smear campaign" against Lahren and causing her "irreparable harm" by locking her out of her Facebook page, the Dallas Morning News reports.
A spokesperson for the Blaze says Lahren's lawsuit is "puzzling" since she hasn't technically been terminated. Lahren is still being paid by the Blaze despite no longer appearing on it. The lawsuit claims the Blaze is only paying her until it can figure out a way to legally end her contract, which doesn't expire until the end of September. Lahren's lawyer says her contract doesn't allow her to be fired for expressing her personal views. The lawsuit claims the Blaze, whose staff it says put yellow caution tape over Lahren's office door, is using her termination to boost Beck's "mediocre" following. "Lay down and play dead really isn't my style," Lahren tweeted after the lawsuit was filed.