Janet Jackson Breaks Silence on Her Split
'We are in court,' she says in video
By Arden Dier,  Newser Staff
Posted May 2, 2017 7:21 AM CDT

(Newser) – After teasing a big announcement, Janet Jackson took to social media Monday to reveal a new world tour and discuss her recent split from hubby Wissam Al Mana, with whom she just had her first child. In a jam-packed 87-second video, Jackson talked baby weight, gushed about 3-month-old son Eissa, and confirmed her split from Al Mana, a billionaire Qatari businessman, reports USA Today. "Yes, I separated from my husband. We are in court and the rest is in God's hands," she said.

Jackson then revealed her concert tour, postponed as the singer planned her family, will resume this fall. The State of the World Tour, previously called the Unbreakable Tour, will head to Lafayette, La., on Sept. 7, before another 55 shows in the US and Canada. It's not clear if 21 European dates will be rescheduled, per the BBC. "It's not about politics. It's about people, the world, relationships and just love," said Jackson, who also thanked fans for their patience. "I'm so excited." (Jackson's ex has written her a love note.)

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
12%
16%
8%
12%
1%
52%