Credit scores are key if you're getting a new cell phone, new home, new car—even a new job. The Today Show offers 7 simple steps to give your score a boost:
- Fix errors on your reports: A mistake on one report can sink a score.
- Be timely: Payment history affects about a third of your credit score.
- Keep credit balances low, to 25% or even 10% of the limit.
- Don't close old accounts: Those with a good record can boost your score.
- Pay old debts, even library fines: A debt in collection can slash 100 points from a high score.
To read more credit score tips, click on the link below.