As the search for four missing young men continues in Pennsylvania, a 20-year-old man arrested on a weapons charge Monday has been confirmed as a "person of interest" in the case. Bucks County DA Matthew Weintraub says investigators are still trying to figure out the relationship between Cosmo DiNardo and the four men who vanished last week, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports. On Tuesday, as dozens of law enforcement personnel searched farmland belonging to DiNardo's parents, Weintraub said it was important to "hang onto hope" that the men would be found alive. "We have not recovered any human remains to this point," he told reporters. "But we continue to work very, very hard."
Police say foul play is suspected in the disappearances of Jimi Tar Patrick, 19; Dean Finocchiaro, 18; Mark Sturgis, 22; and Tom Meo, 21. According to Sturgis' father, Meo's car was found at a DiNardo family property. DiNardo's arrest came two weeks after prosecutors asked police to arrest him on the weapons charge, which had previously been dismissed, reports the New York Times. He was found in February with a shotgun he wasn't allowed to possess because he had previously been committed to a mental institution. Weintraub says the charge is unrelated to the disappearances. DiNardo was released late Tuesday after his father paid $100,000 of his $1 million bond in cash, the Morning Call reports.