Hype is mounting for this year's NFL draft class, but plenty of hopes are dashed each year. ESPN catalogs the top 50 picks who fizzled:
- Ryan Leaf: drafted No. 2, behind Peyton Manning, but racked up 14 TDs to 65 sacks in 4 seasons
- Lawrence Phillips: had troubles with the law and with his own attitude
- Art Schlichter: played in just 13 games in 1982 while wrestling with gambling problems
- Heath Shuler: threw 21 interceptions to 5 TDs in 3 years before leaving the league
- Charles Rogers: began the Lions' tradition of drafting underwhelming wide receivers.
To see the full list, click the link below.