Nickelodeon Producer 'Sorry' for Sexual Harassment
Chris Savino has been accused by 12 women
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Oct 24, 2017 12:02 AM CDT
FILE - In this Jan. 8, 2017 file photo, Harvey Weinstein arrives at The Weinstein Company and Netflix Golden Globes afterparty in Beverly Hills, Calif. New York state's top prosecutor has launched a civil...   (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)
camera-icon View 3 more images

(Newser) – A fired Nickelodeon producer facing allegations of sexual harassment is expressing regret over his behavior, the AP reports. Chris Savino, creator of the animated series The Loud House, posted the apology on his Facebook page. Savino wrote Monday that he's "deeply sorry" and ashamed that his words and actions unintentionally created an uncomfortable environment.

Savino says he's learned difficult but valuable lessons, adding that he respects the bravery of the women who have spoken out. Savino has been accused of sexual harassment by up to 12 women, according to the website Cartoon Brew, which reports on animation industry news. Last week, Nickelodeon said it took allegations of misconduct seriously and that Savino was no longer working with the children's TV channel.


My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
18%
7%
22%
5%
11%
36%