Former Fox host Eric Bolling says his 19-year-old son died not from suicide, but from what has become the leading cause of death in Americans under 50: a drug overdose. Eric Chase Bolling, the only child of Eric and Adrienne Bolling, was found dead at the University of Colorado, Boulder last month. "Just received some tragic news from Coroner in Colorado. Eric Chase’s passing has been ruled an accidental overdose that included opioids," Bolling tweeted Thursday. He added: "Adrienne and I thank you for your continued prayers and support. We must fight against this national epidemic, too many innocent victims."
The Boulder County Coroner’s Office hasn't publicly disclosed a cause of death for the teen, who was an economics student and a fraternity member, the Denver Post reports. According to a coroner's report seen by People, the cause of death was "mixed drug intoxication," with substances including cocaine, Xanax, and the opioids fentanyl and cyclopropyl fentanyl found in the student's system. "History of drug abuse and white powdery substance discovered at the scene," the report states. (Earlier this week, Bolling said it was "beyond inappropriate" for Bill O'Reilly to link the death to the sexual harassment allegations that ended his career at Fox.)