2nd Woman Accuses Westwick: 'He Ripped My Bathing Suit'
And the latest on other accusations of assault and harassment
By Kate Seamons,  Newser Staff
Posted Nov 9, 2017 7:22 AM CST
Updated Nov 9, 2017 11:54 AM CST
Shrink
In this Jan. 9, 2016 file photo, Ed Westwick arrives at the BAFTA Awards Season Tea Party at the Four Seasons Hotel in Los Angeles. Police in Los Angeles say they are investigating a sexual assault report filed against the former "Gossip Girl" star.   (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, File)

(Newser) – The number of women accusing Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick of rape now stands at two. Aurélie Wynn, a former actress who People reports used the name Aurelie Marie Cao, posted her allegations on Facebook Wednesday. "I said no and he pushed me face down and was powerless under his weight," she wrote of the alleged July 2014 incident. "I was wearing a one piece bathing suit that he ripped." She also wrote that she told her boyfriend at the time, Glee actor/the prison-bound Mark Salling, what happened, and that "he pretended not to know [Westwick], then blamed me for it and broke it off with me." Westwick denied the allegations on Twitter, calling them "provably untrue," and says he is cooperating with authorities to clear his name. (Read about Westwick's first accuser, and his response, here.) It's just the latest in a wave of new headlines regarding sexual harassment and assault accusations in Hollywood. More:

  • The allegation comes via the National Enquirer and involves an alleged victim who is no longer alive to confirm or refute the claim. But Charlie Sheen is addressing it, albeit briefly. "Charlie Sheen categorically denies these allegations," was all a rep had to say to the Hollywood Reporter regarding the allegations that the actor, at age 19, sexually assaulted a 13-year-old Corey Haim while the two filmed Lucas in 1986. The Enquirer sourced its story to Dominick Brascia, an actor and friend of Haim's.

  • NFL star-turned-actor Terry Crews said last month that a Hollywood exec had groped him at a party. Now TMZ reports Crews is taking action. It reports a TMZ photographer saw him exiting LAPD's Hollywood Division, and Crews confirmed he had filed a police report against the exec and said he intended to sue. An LAPD rep confirmed a meeting with Crews to People.
  • Transparent star Jeffrey Tambor has "adamantly and vehemently" denied allegations of sexual harassment lodged by his former assistant, Van Barnes, whom he calls "disgruntled." Amazon is investigating. Deadline reports the claim was apparently first made in a private Facebook post by Barnes.
  • Portia de Rossi says Steven Seagal was inappropriate during an audition, reports People. "He told me how important it was to have chemistry off-screen as he sat me down and unzipped his leather pants." She says she ran out and called her agent, who replied, "Well, I didn't know if he was your type."
  • A third woman has come forward to accuse Jeremy Piven of sexual assault. Tiffany Bacon Scourby tells People she met the actor in a nightclub in 2003 and that when she met up with him the next day, he "jumped on top" of her as they sat on a couch. "I tried to push him off and he forced me to the ground," rubbing his exposed genitals on top of her and ultimately ejaculating on her, she says. Piven denies the accusations.
  • As reported earlier, the producers of All the Money in the World have decided to cut Kevin Spacey out of the movie—which was already finished. More on that here.

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
19%
4%
35%
5%
13%
24%