The father of YouTube shooter Nasim Aghdam says he warned authorities she was upset with the company and might be heading there—but police say her family gave them no warning she might commit violence. The news comes as more details of the Tuesday shooting, in which Aghdam injured three people before fatally shooting herself at the company headquarters in San Bruno, Calif., are trickling out. Aghdam, 38, visited a gun range before the Silicon Valley shooting, police say; the 39-year-old later got into the YouTube building through a parking garage. Around 1:40am Tuesday morning, officers in nearby Mountain View had encountered Aghdam asleep in her car in a parking lot; in a statement, the police department says she was "calm and cooperative" during their 20-minute conversation with her, giving them no reason to detain her.
But since her family had reported her missing, officers did contact them. "The father confirmed to us that the family had been having issues at home, but did not act in any way concerned about why his daughter had left. At no point during that conversation did either Aghdam’s father or brother make any statements regarding the woman’s potential threat to, or a possible attack on, the YouTube campus. Also, there was no indication from either Aghdam or her family that she may have been in possession of any weapons." The statement says that Aghdam's father did call back about an hour later to mention his daughter was upset with YouTube and that may be why she was in the area, but that he was still "calm" and did not warn of any potential for violence. Two female shooting victims were released from a San Francisco hospital Wednesday; the third victim's condition was upgraded from critical to serious.