Brooklyn Nine-Nine Star Thanks Mark Hamill After NBC Pick-Up
The Star Wars actor was among many celebs who showed support for the nixed series
By Josh Gardner,  Newser Staff
Posted May 13, 2018 3:30 PM CDT
Shrink
Terry Crews, left, and Andy Samberg attend "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" event   (Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)

(Newser) Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews has a lot to be thankful for now that his show has been rescued by NBC after Fox nixed the beloved series last week. Crews seemed especially grateful to several actors who voiced their support for the show along with its many fans. On Saturday, he name-checked some fellow celebrities to thank them for amplifying the show's cause, including Star Wars actor Mark Hamill. "I want to personally THANK YOU Mark for using the power of the force to save Brooklyn Nine Nine! *Wipes dirt off shoulder*," Crews tweeted. Per the Hollywood Reporter, Crews also gave shout-outs to actor Sean Astin and Broadway star Lin-Manuel Miranda.

By Sunday, however, it began to seem like Crews' gratitude may have been misdirected. While the fan outcry was heartening, NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt told the AP that because of business considerations, the pickup already was in the works. The show is made by a studio owned by NBC Universal. Greenblatt said if he had known earlier in the series' development that Andy Samberg was going to star in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, NBC's studio never would have sold it to Fox in the first place. "It was a missed opportunity for us from the beginning," he said. "We jumped on it really quickly, and we're thrilled to have it."

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
11%
17%
7%
42%
2%
21%