Quick, before the public completely loses interest: Let’s leave aside “guns, bitterness, race, religion, geriatric radicals and other trivia,” and turn to real presidential political issues, Los Angeles Times editors write. They pose some questions that most need answering:
- For John McCain: You voted against giving workers extended time to file discrimination lawsuits. How will your alternative—education for victims—end biased practices?
- For Democrats: What would make you to stop withdrawing US troops from Iraq, or even send more?
- Also for Dems: How would you roll back President Bush’s executive power expansion, especially the use of signing statements?
- For everybody: Do you still support ethanol subsidies, even though the alternative fuel is now known to hike global food prices?
- For everybody: What should the US be able to do with a foreign prisoner suspected of plotting to kill Americans?
Click below to see the rest of the list.