Terry Crews long ago got his apology from the Hollywood agent he says groped him at a 2016 party. Now he's sharing Adam Venit's atonement letter, which Crews says he received in March, with the world. On Twitter Friday, Crews posted the full letter, in which Venit notes he has done "so much thinking and learning," and that his "intent is to have both of us heal from this situation and move forward." Venit says he's "sorry for all of it," that he "[takes] responsibility for us being here now, together in this situation," and that he realizes he might not be deserving of Crews' forgiveness but is asking for it anyway. He adds he even wishes that perhaps the two can "come together and go forward with compassion and understanding and be an amazing force for positivity and change in our culture," before signing off with "respect and gratitude."
So why did Crews wait nearly six months to publicly reveal the contents of Venit's letter? "It meant nothing without a resignation," he tells Deadline, which notes that's finally what Crews got last week, when it was announced that Venit is stepping away from the William Morris Endeavor talent agency. "ACCOUNTABILITY," is what Crews tweeted when that news broke, which is also what he tweeted when he posted Venit's letter. Crews notes in his now-pinned tweet that, due to Venit leaving his WME post, he has finally accepted Venit's apology. BuzzFeed notes that Los Angeles prosecutors never pressed charges against Venit, as the statute of limitations had run out, and that earlier this month Crews settled a lawsuit against Venit and WME.